You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
@serban-nicusor-toptal you should be good to run the RCs as soon as the currently-running jenkins pipelines finish. I'll get started on the release notes and a draft of the blog post.
We were a bit unfortunate with the Jenkins maintenance timing so we'll have to wait until it's online for the non-x64 binaries builds. I'll watch it and do it later when it's back.
At the same time, for colab builds we were using transfer.sh to take our the builds from the colab machine which went offline recently :( I'll need to figure out a different way to take out the build.
That sounds good, I'll make a note for next time.
For now, I'll close the PRs and replace master with develop for math, stan, cmdstan.
As we used to do before:
assuming that works, I think that's what we actually want to happen.
Because there is a history of merges between the two branches it might not be happy
Currently it would only be for the stan and cmdstan repos - math and stanc3 should be re-used from .0. If something comes up in Math we will need to do a cherry-pick because some non-bugfix PRs have already been merged there.
This is targetting a branch called staging/v4.8.1. If it is merged before release, we can create release/v4.8.1, add the release notes, and use that as the submodule for the release/v2.34.1 branches elsewhere.
We can then merge the release branch back into develop of math.
Ok, I just put up #1243 which will hopefully be merged today, release tomorrow.
Here are the notes:
Math (releasing from branch staging/v4.8.1):
- The distributions defined over cholesky factors now check that their arguments are in support (#3007)
- Fixed an issue with the `inv_wishart_cholesky_rng` function (#3007)
Stan (releasing from develop):
- Fixed a Windows-specific issue with std::regex in JSON file validation (#3251)
- Added a missing include of `cstdint` (#3255)
CmdStan (releasing from develop):
- Fixed an indexing error which could lead to crashes (#1239)
- Fixed an issue where output was swallowed by the `log_prob` method if an error occurred (#1235)
- Fixed an issue where floating point arguments would be echoed back to the user with insufficient precision (#1243)
Activity
mitzimorris commentedon Jan 4, 2024
are we creating tarballs for Google Colab?
WardBrian commentedon Jan 4, 2024
Yes, @serban-nicusor-toptal makes one each release (usually not for RCs, I don’t believe)
serban-nicusor-toptal commentedon Jan 5, 2024
I build it always, for RC also. I have some credits and wrote a script so it's fairly easy to do.
serban-nicusor-toptal commentedon Jan 8, 2024
Good morning @WardBrian, are we still waiting for stan-dev/stan#3249 ?
WardBrian commentedon Jan 8, 2024
Let's give it a few hours to see if we can get #1234
serban-nicusor-toptal commentedon Jan 8, 2024
Sounds good, we can also postpone for the following days if #1234 is important.
WardBrian commentedon Jan 8, 2024
@serban-nicusor-toptal you should be good to run the RCs as soon as the currently-running jenkins pipelines finish. I'll get started on the release notes and a draft of the blog post.
WardBrian commentedon Jan 8, 2024
Here's my working draft of the release notes: https://gist.github.com/WardBrian/e3a6b534f6220df5439df05f08445584
And the discourse announcement: https://gist.github.com/WardBrian/1ba59bfd0037d3a721efac8934e4ad36
@rok-cesnovar is helping me with the discourse post, it should be ready to go up as soon as the tarballs are ready
serban-nicusor-toptal commentedon Jan 8, 2024
Jenkins finished all develop jobs, I'll start shortly.
serban-nicusor-toptal commentedon Jan 8, 2024
Release candidates are up!
https://github.com/stan-dev/math/releases/tag/v4.8.0-rc1
https://github.com/stan-dev/stan/releases/tag/v2.34.0-rc1
https://github.com/stan-dev/cmdstan/releases/tag/v2.34.0-rc1
https://github.com/stan-dev/stanc3/releases/tag/v2.34.0-rc1
We were a bit unfortunate with the Jenkins maintenance timing so we'll have to wait until it's online for the non-x64 binaries builds. I'll watch it and do it later when it's back.
At the same time, for colab builds we were using
transfer.shto take our the builds from the colab machine which went offline recently :( I'll need to figure out a different way to take out the build.WardBrian commentedon Jan 8, 2024
Running cmdstanpy tests here: https://github.com/stan-dev/cmdstanpy/actions/runs/7453476403
Discourse post is up: https://discourse.mc-stan.org/t/cmdstan-stan-2-34-release-candidate/33756
17 remaining items
serban-nicusor-toptal commentedon Jan 17, 2024
That sounds good, I'll make a note for next time.
For now, I'll close the PRs and replace master with develop for math, stan, cmdstan.
As we used to do before:
WardBrian commentedon Jan 17, 2024
assuming that works, I think that's what we actually want to happen.
Because there is a history of merges between the two branches it might not be happy
serban-nicusor-toptal commentedon Jan 17, 2024
That's now done! Let's hope everything goes smoothly!
WardBrian commentedon Jan 17, 2024
#1238 is probably worthy of a patch. We should wait if anything else comes up too.
WardBrian commentedon Jan 18, 2024
stan-dev/stan#3255 and stan-dev/stan#3251 would also go into 2.34.1
Nothing in Math at the moment
WardBrian commentedon Jan 18, 2024
Tentative 2.34.1 release notes:
CmdStan
log_probmethod if an error occurredStan
cstdintWardBrian commentedon Jan 18, 2024
@serban-nicusor-toptal Does monday work for you to run the patch release?
Currently it would only be for the stan and cmdstan repos - math and stanc3 should be re-used from
.0. If something comes up in Math we will need to do a cherry-pick because some non-bugfix PRs have already been merged there.serban-nicusor-toptal commentedon Jan 19, 2024
Hey Brian, Monday is fine with me!
WardBrian commentedon Jan 19, 2024
We're also waiting to see if stan-dev/math#3002 is merged. If so, it would be nice to cherry pick a math patch release.
WardBrian commentedon Jan 19, 2024
@serban-nicusor-toptal the pr to watch is now stan-dev/math#3007
This is targetting a branch called
staging/v4.8.1. If it is merged before release, we can createrelease/v4.8.1, add the release notes, and use that as the submodule for the release/v2.34.1 branches elsewhere.We can then merge the release branch back into develop of math.
WardBrian commentedon Jan 22, 2024
Ok, I just put up #1243 which will hopefully be merged today, release tomorrow.
Here are the notes:
Math (releasing from branch
staging/v4.8.1):Stan (releasing from
develop):CmdStan (releasing from
develop):serban-nicusor-toptal commentedon Jan 23, 2024
Good morning, patch release is ready!
https://github.com/stan-dev/math/releases/tag/v4.8.1
https://github.com/stan-dev/stan/releases/tag/v2.34.1
https://github.com/stan-dev/cmdstan/releases/tag/v2.34.1
With PRs targeting develop
stan-dev/math#3011
stan-dev/stan#3257
#1244
After PRs are approved & merged, I will align develop branch with master and that should be the last bit!
WardBrian commentedon Jan 25, 2024
With 2.34.1 out I think we can close this issue. Thank you to everyone who helped with this release!
WardBrian commentedon Jan 29, 2024
I have made https://github.com/stan-dev/math/tree/staging/v4.8.2, which currently contains cherry-picks of stan-dev/math#3012 and stan-dev/math#3014
I believe it may be worth doing a .2 for these fixes. We can discuss when it would happen