Repository navigation
Undici v6 imported by @nuxt/scripts since v1.3.4 #887
Description
Activity
Please try the v2 beta 🙏 It removes the dep
Reacted by Frédéric Delaporte- addedharlan-agent-runningAn Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.An Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.and removedharlan-agent-runningAn Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.An Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.
on Aug 29, 2026 14 remaining items
- addedharlan-agent-wait-to-implementIssue triage found work that should wait before implementation.Issue triage found work that should wait before implementation.harlan-agent-runningAn Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.An Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.and removedharlan-agent-runningAn Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.An Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.
on Aug 31, 2026 I have tried the beta, but that fails on
npm iwith errors I do not understand well.npm error code ERESOLVE npm error ERESOLVE could not resolve npm error npm error While resolving: valap-web@1.18.0 npm error Found: @nuxt/scripts@1.3.8 npm error node_modules/@nuxt/scripts npm error @nuxt/scripts@"2.0.0-beta.5" from the root project npm error npm error Could not resolve dependency: npm error @nuxt/scripts@"2.0.0-beta.5" from the root project npm error npm error Conflicting peer dependency: @unhead/vue@3.4.0 npm error node_modules/@unhead/vue npm error peer @unhead/vue@"^3.3.1" from @nuxt/scripts@2.0.0-beta.5 npm error node_modules/@nuxt/scripts npm error @nuxt/scripts@"2.0.0-beta.5" from the root project npm error npm error Fix the upstream dependency conflict, or retry npm error this command with --force or --legacy-peer-deps npm error to accept an incorrect (and potentially broken) dependency resolution.There is no v 1.3.8 in my package.json anymore.
Checking
npm ls @unhead/vueshows we have a v2.1.17 dependency indirectly coming from@nuxtjs/seov3.4.0. If that is the reason, well, we know v3.4 is outdated, but that we cannot upgrade due to it requiring@nuxtjs/i18n>= v10, that we cannot upgrade to higher than v9 due to some breaking change in v10+ causing our async setup of i18n to be broken with it. (Reported nowhere, we have not find a way to repro it with a simple project.)So, better not wait for us to confirm how it goes with v2. We may take long time to do it.
Edit: our trouble with upgrading i18n is now diagnosed, and reported. nuxt-modules/i18n#4150. It looks like it could be fixed soon, then we could get back to the subject here.
- addedharlan-agent-runningAn Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.An Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.and removedharlan-agent-runningAn Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.An Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.
on Sep 1, 2026 - addedharlan-agent-runningAn Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.An Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.and removedharlan-agent-runningAn Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.An Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.
on Sep 8, 2026 I have now been able to check with the beta. The trouble is not there with v2.0.0-beta.6.
Reacted by Harlan Wilton and lorypelli- addedharlan-agent-runningAn Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.An Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.and removedharlan-agent-runningAn Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.An Agent holds a Task on this issue or pull request right now.
on Sep 10, 2026 @danielroe fixed with v2 I guess
10. I have now been able to check with the beta. The trouble is not there with v2.0.0-beta.6.
so, is it fixed now?
It would be fixed for me if I could actually used the beta, but that is not the case due to issues in other packages.
About whether it should be considered fixed from the viewpoint of this repo or not, I do not know its policy.
As far as I know, it is at least fixed in a beta. Does it stay open for considering back-porting it to v1 or something else? No idea.
Undici v6 is imported by @nuxt/scripts since v1.3.4 at least up to v1.3.8.
In our case, it conflicts in some hidden way with our own import of undici v8, causing our nitro plugin for enabling the cache (inexistent in v6) to fail, failing our startup, but only on actual servers, not in dev mode.
=>
Workaround: add a package override to force undici v8 to be picked-up.
It seems a few PR have been done to cease bringing Undici through @nuxt/scripts, like #860 and #870. Is it possible to remove it entirely from @nuxt/scripts?
(I have tried a repro on Stackblitz, but I have been unable to repro on it or on a dev workstation.)