Repository navigation
Delaying v8.x semver-minor release #308
Description
Activity
Agreed that we should allow time for a proper release candidate for the two mentioned semver-minors. I guess the question is whether the remaining semver patch commits warrant a semver patch release.
cc @kasicka re. nodejs/node#16509 (comment) and nodejs/node#18625
What about releasing the semver-minors that are in the current rc as planned and delay the two mentioned commits to the next semver-minor (possibly make March also semver-minor)?
@richardlau we've actively avoided doing multiple semver minors for LTS in the past. The next scheduled minor would be next quarter... we could do this but I don't like the precedent it sets
My preference would be to delay by 1-2 weeks.
Reacted by Myles Borins, Gibson Fahnestock and egoroof@mhdawson I am open to that
The current schedule has the 20th as the date for the next r.c, how do you think we should go about that?
The current schedule has the 20th as the date for the next r.c, how do you think we should go about that?
We've already delayed a week right? So in total this release would be 3 weeks late. In that case we probably just want to drop the March 6th release and do 8.10.1 on April 3rd instead.
Date Release January 2nd v8.9.4 January 23th v8.10.0-rc February 13thv8.10.0February 27th v8.10.0 February 20thv8.10.1-rcMarch 6thv8.10.1March 20th v8.10. 21-rcApril 3rd v8.10. 21Reacted by Myles Borins and Dani HodovicReacted by Oliver Jessner@gibfahn would we potentially just want to push the release until the 6th?
@gibfahn would we potentially just want to push the release until the 6th?
You mean the v8.10.0 release? I'm not opposed to doing that.
- I think that is what we should do to keep calendar simple…On Mon, Feb 12, 2018, 4:52 AM Gibson Fahnestock ***@***.***> wrote: @gibfahn <https://github.com/gibfahn> would we potentially just want to push the release until the 6th? You mean the v8.10.0 release? I'm not opposed to doing that. — You are receiving this because you authored the thread. Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub <#308 (comment)>, or mute the thread <https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe-auth/AAecV-rNZW2BL0ion6Nso_ALR4xbyqeHks5tUAnKgaJpZM4SAN0x> .Reacted by Gibson Fahnestock and Oliver Jessner
+1 to pushing to the 6th as well.
There are two semver minor PRs against 8.x that we would like to land (they are finally green), but have not had time to do a proper r.c.
nodejs/node#16413 (update V8 to 6.2)
nodejs/node#18622 (add support for openssl 1.1.0)
The release is planned for next Tuesday. I think we should delay.
We have a couple options
Thoughts?